China Wholesale Central - Directory of China Wholesalers and China Wholesale Websites
DHgate.com - China Wholesale Marketplace
DHgate is a leading internet company which specializes in China-based business-to-business marketplace. Diane Wang, the current CEO of DHgate and former CEO of Amazon.cn, first noticed the broad prospect of e-commerce. DHgate, founded in 2004, is devoted to provide a platform for small and medium sized businesses in China to sell their goods overseas and to make online trading simple and efficient.
DHgate, as the first B2B platform in China, serves for small and medium sized business. There is no charge for registering an account online but the website will take commission fee for each successful deal. Based on the data from Paypal (GMV specifically), DHgate takes the first place among the Asian-Pacific region and the sixth place in the world and it had a platform GMV of 10 billion CNY in 2011. As an innovator in B2B field, DHgate performs EDM marketing strategy to lower the cost and to increase its publicity overseas. The EDMSYS platform not only provides foreign buyers with high quality product information, but also allows users to subscribe EDM booklet to get to know the supply-demand trend in the market.
Company History & Awards
- In 2004, Diane Wang, the former CEO of Amazon.cn, found DHgate
- In 2006, DHgate obtained its first funding, it achieves 10,000 USD for a single transaction in April
- In 2007, DHgate was Paypal's largest customer in Asian-Pacific region, sixth largest customer all over the world; DHgate worked closely with Google, with whom the company has had a strategic partnership which is to introduce small and medium sized businesses to the world.
- In 2008, DHgate had a strategic partnership with eBay on August; DHgate was nominated in seventh place among Deloitte Technology China's Top 50 Fast Growing Enterprises in December.
- In 2009, DHgate worked with UPS and embedded UPS web service; DHgate was nominated in fifth place among Deloitte Technology China's Top 50 Fast Growing Enterprises in December.
- In 2010, DHgate started to foster over 200 thousands E-businessmen; Obtain about 200 million funding from Warburg Pincus; The China Construction Bank also cooperates with DHgate to offer a microloan service (called "CCB-DHgate eBaotong") to users with good records on the site.
- In 2011, DHgate announced a new form of business-affiliated operation system in Beijing, Shenzhen and Hangzhou
- In 2012, DHgate is ranked in the China Industrial E-commerce Dotcom Top 100; DHgate won "Blue Chip Award" from Paypal.